He weighed about 7lbs, and cried for most of our first meeting. – Stopping only to be fed and as my mother danced him across the room, sending him to sleep.
I remember being immensely excited that I was going to have another nephew (I have three in total). I couldn’t wait for his arrival and clearly recall the morning we got the news of his birth. I was so eager to meet him.
I remember holding him in my arms and thinking what big beautiful brown eyes he had and how light he was to hold.
He was a very cute little toddler with his golden locks and perfect little nose.
Eleven years have gone in the blink of an eye and now he’s all grown up and almost a teenager.
I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to keep these interviews adults only, but then I thought well interviewing children and teens could make for an interesting read, and besides, they are the future..
Although we don’t see each other very often, from the time I’ve spent with the dear boy, I can say I’m proud to be his sort-of-Aunty (he doesn’t call me Aunty Angie or anything, that would be amusing..).
He’s a child that I believe has been raised so very.. well.
He’s not arrogant, spoilt or full of attitude like a lot of kids his age. He’s refreshingly polite, well mannered, easy to talk to and certainly fun to fire questions at:
1. Morning! How’s your day? What have you been up to?
We tried to build a fort but that failed.
What did you use? Pillows…
2. What do you want to be when you’re older?
I don’t know, maybe a director.
3. Who is one of your biggest inspirations and why?
Charlie Higson, he’s a very good writer.
4. When are you happiest?
When I’m playing with my friends after school on the computer.
5. Who do you most admire and why?
My science teacher, Dr Neil, he’s good at explaining stuff in a fun way, he keeps the lessons interesting. It definitely makes me more interested in science.
6. You mentioned at dinner you’d joined the Scouts, what do you like about them?
It’s fun you go and do all sorts of things, you learn things someone at 11 wouldn’t normally learn till they were an adult.
7. If you had a super-power what would it be?
To be able to grant wishes, including wishes for myself.
So you want to be a genie?
Yeh.. but human.. Basically a supreme lord who can do anything with a click of their fingers.
8. Person you’d most like to meet?
Edgar Allan Poe
9. If you could travel to any time or place, past or future, where and when would you go?
To a time when there are holograms and no school.
10. Biggest pet peeve about other people?
When my friends do something really annoying and I say please stop and they just carry on.
11. What’s one thing you love about yourself?
Being able to draw
12. Three things you’d change about the world?
Kids can learn to drive at 10.
They should make kids be the teacher for a day of the year
There should be more homeless shelters
13. What would you change about school?
Finish at 2 and a longer break time. Wouldn’t have maths, more IT. No home work. Do what you want, boss the teachers around, they’d order McDonald’s and KFC for us..I’d be the headteacher. We’d have more school trips to fun places like Thorpe park and that kind of thing. More art, music and drama. I just like drawing.
14. Three things you’d like to say you did before you die?
I’d like to go skydiving and bungee jumping.
I’d like to fly a plane or helicopter
I’d like to get more subscribers on my YouTube channel.
15. What did you learn yesterday?
Never leave your phone or iPad not fully charged overnight.
16. What is your proudest achievement?
Learning how to ride my bike, I ride it to the park most days.
17. Are you looking forward to growing up into an adult?
Not being scared when I go to sleep. I get nervous, I close my eyes and see something really creepy.
What else are you looking forward to about being an adult?
Being able to drive a car. Having lots of money and being able to do what I want.
18. What would you do?
Have lots of parties..
19. What’s something that makes you smile everyday:
Seeing my dog Max… and soon I’m getting another dog!
20. And did you enjoy this interview?