“The soul is healed by being with children.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Funny things my daughter said this week:
- Dad walks out of the bathroom, towel wrapped around his waist:
“Look! Grandad’s got boobies!..”
- It’s Tuesday night, we’re sat snuggled up on the sofa, I’m tickling Maia, she’s giggling, then out of no-where, in between giggles:
“Er, Mummy, that’s.. very… kind… of you, but ….you can ….go away now..”.
- I get home from a play rehearsal to hear this coming from upstairs:
“ I. WANT. MUMMY!!!! YOU ARE NOT MY BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD ANYMORE GRANDMA!
*I begin to walk upstairs..*
“Mummy is that you? You are my best friend in the whole wide world!”.
- Walking to the car after nursery one afternoon:
“Are those Christmas cards from your friends Maia?”
“No! They’re my business cards!!”
“Oh..from your business associates?”
5. In my bedroom, getting changed.. Maia walks in..
“Mummy, you have a big tummy! Did you eat too much… like me?”